A management information system (MIS) is a computerized database of financial information organized and programmed in such a way that it produces regular reports on operations for every level of management in a company. The main purpose of the MIS is to give managers feedback about their own performance; top management can monitor the company as a whole.
Computers are used in every organization and by every employee in the organization.
The software and hardware requirements of every organization and every employee are different and the systems should be configured accordingly to suit their requirements. MIS managers or management information system managers help and support the information systems of the organization. They design and assemble the computer systems of the organization to support the objectives of the employees of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities of MIS Manager:
- Develop and analyze systems that are to be used by the employees and the managers of the company
- Develop strategies that are to be used in implementation of software and hardware systems in the organization
- Look after the maintenance of the computer systems and make sure that all the departments are functioning properly
- Collect necessary specifications for each department and make sure that their requirements are met
- Develop and manage staff to monitor technology staff and oversee policies and procedures of the company
- Look after the purchase of the software and hardware systems and plan proper budget and quotations for the systems
- Provide training and necessary assistance for the employees involved in implementation and maintenance of the software systems
- Train the employees in using information systems and help them understand the configuration of the systems
JOB CAREERS FOR MIS MANAGERS
MIS Managers have opportunities to work in financial organizations, manufacturing organizations, government organizations, insurance companies, etc. They handle a team of employees who work under their assistance in the implementation of software and hardware in the computer systems.
To Register For Our Programmes;
Visit us @ NIIT Benin Centre, 62A Ihama Road, By Aikhionbare Junction, G.R.A., Benin.